Father Arrested After Young Son Finds His Way Into A Secret Candy Stash

Adblocker Detected! Please Consider Reading This Notice.

We've detected that you are using AdBlock Plus or some other adblocking software which is preventing the page from fully loading. We don't have any banner, Flash, animation, obnoxious sound, or popup ad. We do not implement these annoying types of ads! We need money to operate the site, and almost all of it comes from our online advertising. Please add US to your ad blocking whitelist or disable your adblocking software.

As more and more states across the country start rewriting the laws on medical and recreational marijuana use, there’s bound to be some incidents along the way.

As more corner store dispensaries are opened every day, it’s getting easier and easier to find THC-laden products. When medical users begin to experiment with different edibles, there comes the obvious issue of how to keep them away from children.

As one unlucky father found out when his 10-year-old son discovered a secret stash of edibles, the effects on small children can be absolutely awful.

Thirty-seven-year-old Ephraim Zagelbaum was enjoying a day at the park with his son when an unexpected rain storm put a damper on the day.

Once the rain started, Zagelbaum’s son rushed to the car to wait things out.

In the meantime, the little boy quickly discovered a package of FlavRx Pink Lemonade Belts. They look just like candy, but they actually contain THC.

Read More: iPads Are Great For Calming Kids Down, But Could They Cause Problems Down The Road?

<div class="llcust" data-lltype="media" id="ll_591fa6364d0b3" data-source="

After eating a few pieces of the THC-infused candy, he started feeling really sick.

<div class="llcust" data-lltype="media" id="ll_591fa6364d283" data-source="

When his father figured out what was happening, he gave an antihistamine to his son. Sadly, that only made it worse.

<div class="llcust" data-lltype="media" id="ll_591fa6364d450" data-source="

Once Dad figured out that the child had gotten into the THC candy, he rushed him to the hospital.

<div class="llcust" data-lltype="media" id="ll_591fa6364d61e" data-source="

He was treated and released. Doctors told the father that his child had ingested more than 250 mg of THC. Police were called to investigate the issue.

<div class="llcust" data-lltype="media" id="ll_591fa6364d7fb" data-source="

Zagelbaum was arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child.

<div class="llcust" data-lltype="media" id="ll_591fa6364d9d5" data-source="

During the investigation, he revealed that he had borrowed the car from a family friend and upon discovering the marijuana-laced candy, he tried to hide the goodies from his son.

Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/drug-candy-mishap/

About The Author

Mary Coo

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.